Each month at Pine Lodge we like to introduce our guests to new and different selections of home baking for their afternoon tea as well as offering the many tried and tested favourites.
Why not visit and sample our delicious new recipes and all Carole’s home baking served for afternoon tea can be ordered to take away.
- January – Honey and Banana Bread – the healthy option after Christmas!
- February – Maids of Honour almond tarts
- March – Chocolate Torte with a Chocolate Fudge topping
- April – Coffee and Walnut Cake
- May – Fluffy Victoria Sponge Cake made with free range eggs with a generous lemon curd and butter cream filling.
- June – Scones with home-made jam and clotted cream.
- July – Intense Lemon Drizzle Cake*
- August – Double Chocolate Brownies
- September – Spiced Carrot Cake with a Grand Marnier Fondant topping.
- October – Apple Pie with Cinnamon and Nutmeg.
- November – Speciality Earl Grey Tea Bread.
- December – Mince Pies with a Twist, Lemon Curd Tarts, Home Made Raspberry Jam Tarts, Luxury Christmas Cake.
*Actually The Intense Lemon Drizzle cake is always available as it is by far the most popular with all of our guests
With prior knowledge we can bake speciality cake for gluten free and lactose intolerant diets